Post Pill infertility is a well-recorded medical fact.
Dr Gary Burger in “ The couples Guide to Infertility” reports that Pill users after they come off the Pill nay not ovulate or menstruate due to the disrupting affects of the Pill on the natural rhythmic flow of hormones from the hypothalamus to the pituitary to the ovaries. The Pill may also cause damage to the glands that produce the kind of cervical mucous that is necessary for fertilisation to occur.
New Side Effects of the OCP.
The American Journal of Epidemiology recently reported that Pill users have increased risk of inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease. The American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology in 2002 reported that in a study people suffering liver disease 83% of the women in the study were users of the Pill.
The following are a list of many vitamin and mineral imbalances caused by the Pill.
- Vit A – levels are increased on the Pill
- Vit B – deficiencies are recorded.
- Vit B2 – The bodies requirement are raised.
- Vit B6 Depletion is mild to severe
- Folic Acid – Levels are reduced.
- Vit B12 – Levels are lowered.
- Vit C – Levels are reduced by 30%.
- Vit E – The need for vitamin E is increased.
- Vit K – Levels are higher.
- Taurine – Reduces levels of amino acids necessary for the healthy function of the thyroid gland.
- Copper – Absorption is increased.
- Magnesium – lowers levels,
- Selenium – Lowers levels.
- Zinc – Lowers levels significantly.
- Prostaglandins – Lowers levels of certain prostaglandin’s These are normally made from essential fatty acids using zinc as a catalyst and decrease tendencies to clot formation.
- Blood Lipids – low-density lipids are increased.
Our next article talk about Breast Cancer & your Gene Connection …. so watch this space!
Click here to know more about our Women’s Health Services.
Join our 7 day health retreat for women in Bali to know more about the women’s health problem and their solution.