For those of us who are unable to digest peanuts, this dish is a delightful affirmation to the taste buds & the culnirary heart, of the wonders of other seeds & nuts & the taste they can impart to our cuisine!
Flax seed, full of Omega oils (Essential fatty acids – EFA’s), gives a rich nutty flavour to this meal & combined with the Almond butter creates a protein rich mouth watering vegan meal.
Red Cabbage is full of anti oxidants that will make the cells of your finger tips humm & itch for more!! And the raw honey is brimming with micro nutrients & minerals.
And if you are looking at the tissue box with dread & the flu coming on, adding a wee more that a little dash of hot chilli garlic sauce will be guaranteed to chase those bugs away!!
- 5 cups chopped Napa cabbage
- 3 oranges, sliced
- 4 carrots, julienne cut (This is my favorite tool for that: peeler, julienne blade )
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- Toss all ingredients in large bowl.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and stir to coat.
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons raw almond butter
- 2 teaspoons golden flax, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons wheat-free tamari
- 2 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce (see below)
- Combine ground flax and water and let stand until softened.
- Combine flax mixture with all other ingredients.
- Whisk until smooth.
Raw HOT Chili Garlic Sauce
- 6 ounces hot chilies, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coconut crystals or raw honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- Put all ingredients in food processor and pulse until a coarse texture is achieved.
- Let stand for 30 minutes to meld flavors. This is HOT so use sparingly.