A crisp ‘bitey’ green-red salad with a back note of rich essential fatty acids! This nutritious delightful iron rich recipie is highlighted & sweetened with the mixture of the dried cranberries & raw honey. Maple syrup adds a deeper succulent tone that enlivens the senses & gives you that rich nutritious boost thats found in most green ‘leafies’
Serve with a fresh sour dough rye bread & ricotta cheese!
In large bowl, toss together all these ingredients together.
Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- 3 bunches organic kale, de-stemmed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 head red cabbage, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup cashews
Place all ingredients in high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- 3/4 cup water
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- Sea salt & cracked balck pepper