Busy parents will love the ease with which the kids can turn their hand to making these scrumptious raw sweets! But make sure little fingers are guarded before you turn the kitchen wizz on …:)
Energy packed, protein rich & moderately calorie minimal, Raw Carrot Cake Balls also are sooo easy to wolf down after a gym workout. But take the time to savour the after-flavour before you hop back on the tread-mill!
These are …. quite ‘the’ snack for the up & coming raw foodie!! Easy to grab & go … even if your not s’posed to!
- 1/4 cup walnuts (minced)
- 1/4 cup dark raisin
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup carrot (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup dates (packed)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Blend the carrots in a food processor until they`re in tiny pieces and starting to turn to mush
- Squeeze the juice out by hand and return the carrot pulp to the food processor – This should give you 1/2 cup packed carrot pulp.
- Add all the other ingredients and process until the dough is well combined.
- Form into balls and store in the fridge.